The Touchless Setup is a feature that enables the configuration to access the bucket (folder for storing files in the cloud) without any contact with Dock. That means that the Dock Partner / Dock Client will do the Setup autonomously without Dock’s intervention.
This product provides the Dock Partners / Clients a set of endpoints that will enable the setup of User Access to the input / output file streams in the bucket. A standard bucket is exclusive to each Dock Partner / Client. The access to the bucket is through SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol), which is a network protocol to ensure data security.
Below are the steps to setup the access to the bucket:
1) Create a new user: In the access setup request for a new user, the Dock Partner / Client must inform Dock:
- An SSH public key - RSA format (See the example below);
- A valid email address that will be the SFTP user name and will also send first-time access and parameter editing prompts;
- An access level configured for this user - READ (read-only files), WRITE (read and write files), or DELETE (read, write and delete files);
- The folder restrictions for the user's access if required. If the Dock Partner / Client does not inform Dock of any user restrictions to folders, then full access will be granted - i.e., access to all bucket folders.
POST Create SFTP Users
Internal Storage Structure
Dock's file storage structures are segregated to secure and reliable information sharing for FaaS Customers and BaaS Partners.
Maximum Number of Users
The Dock Partner / Client can register 1 (one) user at each
POSTrequest. And there is a limit of 10 users. The Dock Partner / Client can call a
POSTrequest to register users for 10 (ten) times. On the 11th attempt, there will be an error message.
After you request a new SFTP user using the POST method, you will immediately receive a verification email. The objective is to verify that the email address is deliverable and valid. This verification will be valid for just 1 (one) hour from the time you have requested a new SFTP user. It must be opened and verified within the limit of 1 (one) hour. Please check your inbox immediately after your request and verify it asap.
- If the email validation does not occur within the deadline (1 hour), then you must exclude this new SFTP User - using the DELETE method and create the same User again using the POST method.
2) User Management: Dock will receive this request for User Creation and if the information is correct, a ticket will be sent to the Dock Partner / Client to track the status of this request. After the access has been received, the Dock Partner / Client will be able to manage the accesses using the following endpoints:
GET List SFTP Users
GET Get SFTP Users
PUT Update SFTP Users
DELETE Delete SFTP Users
3) User Access to Buckets: As soon as the process is finished, Dock will send an email informing the command used to access the SFTP. See below an example:
- access command sftp -i PRIVATEKEY [email protected]@host.example
- User Name: [email protected]
- Host: host.example
- Password: PRIVATEKEY
The SFTP User Name will be the email address entered and for this reason, there will be two (2) '@'s in the combination of user_name and host. The PRIVATEKEY field must be replaced by the private SSH key linked to the public key sent in the request.
Updated 25 days ago