The Touchless Setup is a feature that enables the configuration to access the bucket (folder for storing files in the cloud) without any contact with Dock. That means that the Dock Partner / Dock Client will do the Setup autonomously without Dock’s intervention.
This product provides the Dock Partners / Clients a set of endpoints that will enable the setup of User Access to the input / output file streams in the bucket. A standard bucket is exclusive to each Dock Partner / Client. The access to the bucket is through SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol), which is a network protocol to ensure data security.
Below are the steps to setup the access to the bucket:
1) Create a new user: In the access setup request for a new user the Dock Partner / Client must inform Dock:
- An SSH public key - RSA format (See the example below);
- A valid email address that will be the SFTP user name and will also send first-time access and parameter editing prompts;
- An access level configured for this user - READ (read-only files), WRITE (read and write files), or DELETE (read, write and delete files);
- The folder restrictions for the user's access if required. In case the Dock Partner / Client does not inform Dock on any user restrictions to folders, then full access will be granted - i.e. access to all folders of the bucket.
1.1) The names below are used as default to access the buckets in the staging/homologation environment (HML):
- dock-CLIENTNAME-hml (for FaaS Clients)
- dock-PARTNERNAME-hml (for BaaS Partners)
1.2) The names below are used as default to access the buckets in the production environment (PRD):
- dock-CLIENTNAME-prd (for FaaS Clients)
- dock-PARTNERNAME-prd (for BaaS Partners)
Maximum Number of Users
The Dock Partner / Client can register 1 (one) user at each
POSTrequest. And there is a limit of 10 users. The Dock Partner / Client can call a
POSTrequest to register users for 10 (ten) times. On the 11th attempt, there will be an error message.
2) User Management: Dock will receive this request for User Creation and if the information is correct, a ticket will be sent to the Dock Partner / Client to track the status of this request. After the access has been received, the Dock Partner / Client will be able to manage the accesses using the following endpoints:
3) User Access to Buckets: As soon as the process is finished, Dock will send an email informing the command used to access the SFTP. See below an example:
- access command sftp -i PRIVATEKEY [email protected]@host.example
- User Name: [email protected]
- Host: host.example
- Password: PRIVATEKEY
The SFTP User Name will be the email address entered and for this reason, there will be two (2) '@'s in the combination of user_name and host. The PRIVATEKEY field must be replaced by the private SSH key linked to the public key sent in the request.
Updated 16 days ago